Everyone knows you don’t go grocery shopping if you are hungry...so imagine your kids at school going through the lunch line and trying to decide between chicken nuggets, pizza or a hamburger! While schools are attempting to make lunches in the cafeteria healthier due largely in part to new legislation on childhood obesity, it’s still very difficult for a child to make the healthy choice when offered. How do you take control? Packit...Pack their lunch!
Here are our top 5 reasons to pack your child's lunch:
1. Control. A healthy packed lunch lets you avoid the lunch line and any bad choices or temptations. Plus your child can sit down and start eating right away and not wait in line. By bringing their own lunch you are able to control what kinds of foods that they eat. You are also able to control the portion size of these choices, which can be very beneficial when watching things like sugar intake and calories.
2. Variety. Thanks to the internet, there are hundreds of fun lunch ideas, and this allows you to pack a variety of healthy foods. Using a PackIt, you can bring yogurt, tuna salad, fresh fruit or anything that tastes great cold. The same choices over and over get boring!
3. Economical. Add up the cost of how much you spend per week on your child’s lunch, then for the month, then the school year...ouch. Packing their lunch saves money. You can use leftovers. That brings the cost of the lunch itself down to practically nothing!
4. Eliminate the Picky Eater Syndrome. Studies have shown that children of all ages can help with meal planning, grocery shopping, and in this case packing their lunch,and when they do, they will be more likely to eat it. Avoiding power struggles by allowing them to pack what they like (that is also nutritious) and encourage experimenting and being creative will help them to try new foods instead of picking the same thing everyday in the lunch line.
5. Safer for both you and the environment
Use a refillable water bottle like Vapur, metal cutlery and glass dishes from home -- and pack it all in a PackIt. PackIt is PVC-free, BPA-free, lead-free, non-toxic, earth-safe and reusable. Everyone feels good.