Garbanzo Quinoa Greek Salad
Recipe from Michelle Madden
(serves 4 - 6)
- 1 cup dried organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15oz) organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of organic red bell pepper
- 1 cup organic cucumbers, diced
- 2/3 cup red onion or shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half (drained)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley, chopped (dill, mint or oregano would work also)
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- juice of 1 large lemon
- lemon slices, to serve (optional)
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- arugula (optional)
In a medium size pot, add the water and quinoa and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
While quinoa is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Once quinoa is ready, add in the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, feta cheese and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt, fresh cracked pepper and the juice of your 1 large lemon.
Serve on a bed of arugula or as is. Tastes great with some little extra lemon juice on top. Add extra virgin olive oil if you wish. This dish can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.